- n an independent federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment
- Some names the White House is considering as replacements for the departing Christine Todd Whitman.
News & Articles
- U.S. EPA recognizes Pennsbury School District for energy efficiency
PENNSBURY – Green is the buzzword in the school district, which has joined the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) list of Energy Star Leaders, a group of organizations that has improved energy efficiency across entire portfolios of buildings.
June 17, 2013 - Yardley News
- EPA Awards $2 Million for Small Business Innovation Research: Promoting Green Jobs
*WASHINGTON--June 12, 2013: The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) today announced more than $2 million to 25 small businesses nationwide to develop new environmental technologies that will help protect people's health and the environment.
June 15, 2013 - The Auto Channel
- EPA to take new look at haze plan
UNDER EPA REVIEW: Apache Generating Station, a coal-fired power plant owned and operated by Arizona Electric Power Cooperative, has been the subject of environmental review for its emissions that have been blamed for regional haze, obscuring the view of national parks and public lands across southeastern Arizona.
June 14, 2013 - Mohave Daily News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Reuters
In a letter to Obama, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked the president to "direct the US EPA to act promptly and favorably on California's reconsideration request, so that we may continue the critical work of reducing our greenhouse gas...
- John Paul Stevens in Forbes
EPA has offered no reasoned explanation for its refusal to decide whether greenhouse gases cause or contribute to climate change,Stevens said.
- Barbara Boxer in International Herald Tribune
This is a widespread contamination problem, and to see the Bush EPA just walk away is shocking,said Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., who chairs the Senate's environment committee.