- v make attractive or lovable
- s lovable especially in a childlike or naive way
- The endearing figure of his Little Tramp was instantly recognizable around the globe and brought laughter to millions.
- Still, I found Cramer sorta endearing.
- With that endearing sense of discovery that baby boomers bring to the most enduring experiences--like growing up or finding God or burning out--women are confronting the obstacles .
News & Articles
- Christine Quinn's Memoir is Now a Very Labor-Intensive Campaign Poster
Christine Quinn's memoir With Patience and Fortitude was supposed to win over female voters with endearing tales of overcoming bulimia, alcoholism, and Kardashian-related wedding mishaps , but few have actually opened it.
June 18, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Dan Harmon Celebrates His Return to 'Community' By Insulting Season Four, Then Apologizing
Communitycreator Dan Harmon's startling openness with his fans on Twitter, Tumblr and via his podcast/live show Harmontown is one of his most endearing and problematic qualities. It's allowed those who like his work a closeness and an insight into his process and mindset that's rare, and it's gotten him into trouble more than once when something he shared in an essentially public forum the ...
June 18, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Unfinished Song: Life-Affirming Old-Age Flick Wraps You Tenderly in a Cashmere Blanket
Gemma Arterton in Unfinished Song . In the feel-good-with-a-tear-in-your-eye tradition of such polished, sentimental British films for grownups as Calendar Girls , The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and Quartet , along comes the polished, predictable but endearing Unfinished Song , a touching and joyous movie with the rare benefit of featuring Vanessa Redgrave and Terence Stamp at the top of their ...
June 18, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Paul Offit in 940 News
I think that what's so endearing to me about the anti-vaccine people is they're perfectly willing to go from one hypothesis to the next without a backward glance,said Dr. Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Centre at the Children's...
- Howard Baker in International Herald Tribune
And, Baker said, he's not prone to leaking names: "You ain't going to get it from him, and that's one of his endearing qualities."
- Arlene Phillips in Telegraph.co.uk
Arlene Phillips told Sergeant: "For the first time, John, I really get what other people see in you. It was quite endearing. And you did get that Hollywood feel, although it was more Mickey Rooney than Fred Astaire."