eleven : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the cardinal number that is the sum of ten and one
- n a team that plays football
- s being one more than ten
- The eleven, wearing tieless cotton shirts, T shirts and odd trousers that had the shapeless look of Red China tailoring, stood bunched without regard to rank at the barbed-wire .
- But now, for the first time in eleven tries at Wimbledon, Old Drob was running into luck.
- Sixty-one years ago in Cincinnati eleven Negroes who called themselves the "Colored Christian Singers" shambled onto the platform of the old Vine Street Congregational Church.
News & Articles
- 11 years of Eleven Eyes: 'You put way too much thought into that'
Eleven Eyes, a Eugene-based jazz-fusion band, celebrated its 11-year anniversary at the WOW Hall on May 24.
June 15, 2013 - KVAL Eugene
- Eleven Launches New ElevenGC Family of Guest Computing Solutions
Eleven has just released its new family of software that represents the next generation of automated guest computers for hotels. The ElevenGC family is perfect for all hotel locations including lobbies, lounges, suites and business centers, and across every hospitality segment.
June 13, 2013 - Hospitality Net
- ‘Eleven Days,’ by Lea Carpenter, Is a Mother-Son Story
Lea Carpenter’s first novel, “Eleven Days,” delves into the mind of a mother whose son, a member of the Navy SEALs, has disappeared.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- Joe Biden in New York Times
Six months earlier in New Hampshire, Mr. Biden said that "you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent."
- Lance Armstrong in TSN
The accusations didn't start two months ago,Armstrong said earlier this week. "It started in 1999. Which is eleven years ago and I'm still there. There will be other accusations for sure, but we can just add them to the list."
- Barack Obama in The News-Press
As of today, more than 4 million people have given me their vote for president, that's of course, less than Senator moccasin's 4.7 million, but quite a statement nonetheless. Eleven states have given me their nod, compared to his 13. Of course,... Mitt Romney http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitt_Romney&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHsbJvd1A8Hj2N-SfDDingX9k3-RA Examiner.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.examiner.com/a-1207068~Romney_Suspends_Presidential_Campaign.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJEM4fsmrZ9lSU_afFTwmORin2WQ Feb 7, 2008
32210 41610 eleventh Obama TV spots accused Clinton of attacking him with eleventh-hour smears, paid for by lobbyist money. Isn't that exactly what we need to change?"