elegant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a refined and tasteful in appearance or behavior or style
an elegant dark suit
she was elegant to her fingertips
small churches with elegant white spires
an elegant mathematical solution--simple and precise and lucid
- s suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
- s displaying effortless beauty and simplicity in movement or execution
an elegant dancer
an elegant mathematical solution -- simple and precise
- He's elegant in person, but also his structures are very elegant, very humanistic.
- Almost all of them believe the universe conforms to an elegant one.
- There are even plans to turn the elegant European pavilion built by Amir Abdur Rahman Khan in the late 1800s into a restaurant.
News & Articles
- Sofia Coppola's Chic White on White Style
Sofia Coppola (Getty) Sofia Coppola epitomizes elegant minimalism. She never goes for froufrou, girly, or over-the-top styles, instead she likes to keep every red carpet look sophisticated and supremely chic. Case in point: last night's Bling Ring screening in NYC. The director went for a white-on-white look in a sequined sweater dress with airy ruffles at the hem (sounds terrible but somehow ...
June 12, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Hunting cheetahs rely more on agility than speed
Denise ChowLiveScience Cheetahs may hold the distinction of being the fastest animals on land, but these elegant felines actually owe their hunting prowess to their ability to rapidly accelerate and maneuver around tight turns, a new study finds. A team of researchers monitored five wild cheetahs in northern Botswana and found that despite clocking top speeds of nearly 60 mph (97 km/h), cheetahs ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Sink and Tap Specialists Brass & Traditional Sinks Launch New Elegant Range of Fine-Quality Chambord Sinks
Brass & Traditional Sinks speak out about how delighted they are to be one of the first UK suppliers of Chambord’s elegant new range of fine-quality single and ceramic sinks. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/sinks/chambordsinks/prweb10821750.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- John Warner in The Associated Press
Take a very complicated elegant beautiful molecule, bury it in the ground 100 million years, remove all the functionality and make hydrocarbons,said Warner, one of the founders of the green chemistry movement that attempts to be more...
- Gene Barry in ABC News
I went over to the wardrobe department, picked out a brocaded vest, looked in the mirror, and there was this elegant gentleman,he recalled in 1999. "I said, 'Hey, that's Bat! That's me!'"
- Venus Williams in The Associated Press
Here it's all about white,Williams said after eliminating Rossana de los Rios of Paraguay 6-3, 6-2. "There is no illusion this time. My dress was inspired by Tina Turner. ...... It's just a fun, elegant dress."