- n a car that is powered by electricity
- a using or providing or producing or transmitting or operated by electricity
an electrical storm
- s (of a situation) exceptionally tense
an atmosphere electric with suspicion
- s affected by emotion as if by electricity; thrilling
gave an electric reading of the play
- The Aptera is one of the first eco-friendly cars to get high mileage: the all-electric model gets 120 miles (193 km) per charge, and the hybrid gets 300 (483).
- Electric cars run clean since they don't use gasoline.
- Wind is a wonderfully renewable source of energy, but until now ordinary consumers who wanted to live off of--or contribute to--the electrical grid had no way to capture it.
News & Articles
- Electric Bikes Get Up to Speed at Isle of Man TT
Electric race bike manufacturer MotoCzysz has taken home its fourth consecutive TT ZERO win at the Isle of Man. And for the first time since the introduction of the all-electric series in 2009, the electron-charged bikes are up to the ...
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Electric Forest festival returns in two weeks
Electric Forest - returning to the Double JJ Ranch in Rothbury, Michigan on June 27- 30 — is just two weeks away. To help fans start planning, new and exciting announcements are being made each day. The festival recently released the 2013 Stage Schedule and just today published this year's Electric Forest Festival Map, revealing an expanded Sherwood Forest and Sherwood Forest Stage, and the ...
June 14, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Electric map owner partners with Gettysburg HACC students for renovations
The nearly 50-year-old electric map illustrating the famous Battle of Gettysburg is currently undergoing major renovations in preparation for public display in the near future.
June 14, 2013 - The Evening Sun
- Barack Obama in guardian.co.uk
We will build the roads and bridges, the electric grids and digital lines that feed our commerce and bind us together,Obama said. "We will harness the sun and the winds and the soil to fuel our cars and run our factories."
- Andy Roddick in SkySports
We might be able to count the people for me on this hand,Roddick said. "But it will be something to remember. The crowd's going to be electric. It's going to be a great atmosphere and one I can certainly appreciate, even if it's not for...
- President Bush in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Energy was one of the six main topics in Tuesday's speech, with Bush saying "we must continue changing the way America generates electric power -- by even greater use of clean-coal technology, solar and wind energy, and clean, safe nuclear power."