- n a person who is older than you are
- n any of numerous shrubs or small trees of temperate and subtropical northern hemisphere having white flowers and berrylike fruit
- n any of various church officers
- s used of the older of two persons of the same name especially used to distinguish a father from his son
- But a growing cadre of elder-law practitioners is destroying some of the stereotypes.
- Both passages make two points in common: that a bishop or church elder must be faithful to his wife and rule strictly over believing children.
- At that notion, the elder just laughs and says the boys' fighting days are over.
News & Articles
- Learn Signs Of Elder Abuse To Prevent It From Happening
DEAR ABBY: Thank you for all you do to keep our seniors safe. Saturday, June 15, is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. On that day, communities in the USA and all over the world will sponsor events to highlight the growing tragic issue of elder abuse.Your readers -- young and old -- should know that the U.S. Administration on Aging estimates that as many as 5 million seniors are abused or ...
June 13, 2013 - Dear Abby via Yahoo! News
- Elder abuse is focus of TARC signs
During Elder Abuse Awareness Month in June, 30 TARC buses will carry posters informing the public of elder abuse and neglect.
June 12, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Elder abuse conference is Thursday in Westport
WESTPORT — Bristol Elder Services Inc. has received more than 2,000 elder abuse reports since last July and officials say they want to bring public attention to the problem.
June 11, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Buzz Aldrin in CNN (blog)
I did the show for the fighter pilots out there, the military people and the elder geezers like me who would just like to see an elder come back week after week,Aldrin said after the elimination.
- Orrin Hatch in guardian.co.uk
Orrin Hatch, a Republican senator from Utah who worked closely with Kennedy on several issues, said: "Today America lost a great elder statesman, a committed public servant and leader of the Senate. And today I lost a treasured friend."
- Vladimir Putin in USA Today
The elder statesmen of the party should come together, have a look at what's happened to the party in its last 30 years, look at where it is at the moment - controlled by a group of younger and in my view inexperienced members - and have a look at... Barrie Unsworth http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrie_Unsworth&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGyOPj0sY0nlXrmtOApfGXd9hU-Jg The Canberra Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/general/iemmas-mentor-joins-the-mutiny/811702.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEcMswFMEtKkTqjFLTtU8HMmQFCyA Jul 15, 2008
32060 41247 elderly Of course, Saddam Hussein ought to have been hanged for destroying several Shiite villages," Putin said in Moscow. "And the incumbent Georgian leaders who razed ten Ossetian villages at once, who ran elderly people and children with tanks,...