eighteenth : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n position 18 in a countable series of things
- s coming next after the seventeenth in position
- From the first record of contact with the Pirahs and the Muras, a closely related people, in the eighteenth century, they had developed a reputation for 'recalcitrance' no .
- Theroux sets up this section by noting that "in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, Indian labour had been exploited for its cheapness.
- Von Elm, eighteenth on the first day, got back into the running by shooting a second round of 69, two strokes under par and the lowest score of the meeting.
News & Articles
- U.S. Open: Phil Mickelson, Billy Horschel in lead as play resumes
Phil Mickelson makes birdie on the eighteenth hole as Keegan Bradley looks on during the second round of the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club on Friday. ( Tannen Maury / EPA / June 14 , 2013 )
June 15, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- 10% Rain
HOT SPRINGS, AR (News Release) - Conner Eldridge, United States Attorney for the Western District of Arkansas; Phillip Durham, Special Agent in Charge with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives ("ATF"); David Flory, Hot Springs Police Department Chief of Police; and Steve Oliver, Prosecuting Attorney for the Eighteenth East Judicial District of Arkansas, announced that 24 ...
June 13, 2013 - KARK Little Rock
- Herb Sendek in Seattle Times
All it means is we've won one game,Arizona State coach Herb Sendek said. "It means no more, no less. It makes one-eighteenth of our conference schedule. No matter how you try to stretch it to two-eighteenths, it's just one-eighteenth of...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Times Online
The prospect of winning more titles with this team resonates with me far more than equalling somebody,Ferguson said. "That'sa fan thing. I hadn't even thought about that [the eighteenth] until this season, when you lot mentioned it. I'm...
- Uma Thurman in Starpulse.com (blog)
Uma, now 35, said: "I felt some trepidation going in, but it was an art movie. It was based on this classic novel set in eighteenth-century France, and the scene was appropriate."