- Yom Kippur over, Jews looked forward to celebrating this week the Hebrew analog to Thanksgivingthe eight-day harvest festival, Succoth, in which good Jews build booths near .
- At one point during the eight-day hijacking of Indian Airlines Flight 814, the abductors demanded $200 million from the Indian government.
- Although the eight-day air campaign in Gaza has claimed some 450 Palestinian victims, and continues to inflict damage on Hamas fighters as well as, inevitably, nearby civilians .
News & Articles
- Uniquely Utah: Kayaking the Great Salt Lake
Rebecca Richins completed an eight-day journey across the Great Salt Lake, which makes her the first person to kayak all...
June 17, 2013 - FOX 13 Utah
- President Obama's trip to Africa likely to cost upwards of $60 million
An eight-day family trip to sub-Saharan Africa for President Obama will set the U.S. government back between $60 million and $100 million, according to a report from The Washington Post
June 14, 2013 - Mobile Press-Register
- Tax filing date pushed back
Published: Monday, January 14, 2013 at 17:03 PM. The after affects of the fiscal cliff mean a few extra days before taxes will be filed this year. An eight-day delay moves the filing date from January 22 to January 30.
June 13, 2013 - The Shelby Star
- Clint Hurdle in SI.com
You can ask me all series long about the eight-day layoff and I'm not going to be able to give you an answer on that,manager Clint Hurdle said. "We're a no-excuse ball club, always have been and we're going to be. We got outplayed...
- Ted Nolan in ESPN
You look at a guy like Sillinger,Nolan explained. "We asked him to empty his tank in the third period and he emptied it. They gave everything they had to give. It was a big win for us. Now we can enjoy our eight-day [All-Star] break and...
- Matthew Pavlich in sportal.com.au
We had an eight-day break, we had enough time to prepare and we were just very poor in a lot of the aspects of the game that we needed to be good at,a sombre Pavlich said. "We were second to the ball, which was very disappointing all...