- n a native or inhabitant of Egypt
- n the ancient and now extinct language of Egypt under the Pharaohs; written records date back to 3000 BC
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Egypt or its people or their language
News & Articles
- Bible-burning Egyptian cleric jailed for 11 years
CAIRO (Reuters) - A Cairo court sentenced an Egyptian Muslim preacher to 11 years in jail for blasphemy on Sunday for burning a Bible during a protest last year outside the U.S. embassy. Convictions for insulting Islam are common in Egypt, ruled by Islamists after the overthrow of President Hosni Mubarak in 2011, but more rare for cases involving the minority Christian faith. Ahmed Mohamed ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Egyptian property developer plans $85.8 mln rights issue
CAIRO (Reuters) - Palm Hills, Egypt's second-biggest listed property developer, plans to increase its capital by 600 million Egyptian pounds through a rights issue, the Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority (EFSA) said on Thursday. A statement posted on the Egyptian bourse website said Palm Hills is seeking to offer 600 million pounds worth of shares to existing shareholders at their nominal ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Egyptian pilots end protest; 22 flights delayed
Egyptian pilots working for the national carrier staged a 10-hour sit-in protest on Thursday, delaying 22 flights in an effort to press their demands for management changes and bonus payments. It was the ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Mohamed ElBaradei in MyNews.in
Reactions ~Said the opposition voice said ElBaradei, "It's a clear-cut message to the regime that the Egyptian people are sick and tired of practices that are inhumane."
- Hosni Mubarak in CNSNews.com
I told them (Egyptian troops) to let them come in and eat and buy food and then return them later as long as they were not carrying weapons,Mubarak said in Cairo.
- Condoleezza Rice in BBC News
The US chose to abstain, thinking it "important to see the outcomes of the Egyptian mediation efforts, in order to see what this resolution might have been supporting", US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice explained.