- a capable of being or liable to be divided or separated
even numbers are divisible by two
the Americans fought a bloody war to prove that their nation is not divisible
- Too many novels feel tidy, as if the world were neatly divisible into East and West, good and bad.
- Since 1840, the previous nine presidents elected in a year divisible by 20 has either been killed (four), died in office of natural causes (four) or, like Reagan, been the victim .
- Samuel Krieger's number is not divisible by 3; and if it were, the quotient would be about ten times greater than Reader Bronson's.
- Condoleezza Rice in Guardian Unlimited
We are not going to countenance that somehow ...... the Palestinians are divisible,Rice told reporters. "We're not going to abandon the Palestinians who are living in Gaza."
- Manmohan Singh in Press Trust of India
The threat of terrorism is not divisible. The fight against it is also not divisible. The defence of freedom and peace is also not divisible,Singh said.
- John Ruskin in Washington Post
John Ruskin, a British art critic and author, said this about books: "All books are divisible into two classes: the books of the hour, and the books of all time."