- s having a flat circular shape
- In one such system, known as IRAS 4B, about 1,000 light-years from Earth, astronomers from the University of Rochester have detected a disk-shaped knot of material that will one .
- But this is the first time they've been found in the disk-shaped cloud of material whirling around a young starthe sort of cloud that scientists believe had surrounded our own .
- Named for Gerard Kuiper, who predicted its existence in the 1950s, it is a vast, disk-shaped cloud of thousands of icy bodies that starts near Neptune and reaches to about 4.
News & Articles
- Cochlear implant with no exterior hardware can be wirelessly recharged
Cochlear implants -- medical devices that electrically stimulate the auditory nerve -- have granted at least limited hearing to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide who otherwise would be totally deaf. Existing versions of the device, however, require that a disk-shaped transmitter about an inch in diameter be affixed to the skull, with a wire snaking down to a joint microphone and power ...
Feb. 9, 2014 - Science Daily