- a progressing melodically by intervals larger than a major second
- s having deep constrictions separating head, thorax, and abdomen, as in insects
- s marked by separation of or from usually contiguous elements
little isolated worlds, as abruptly disjunct and unexpected as a palm-shaded well in the Sahara"- Scientific Monthly
- s used of distributions, as of statistical or natural populations
disjunct distribution of king crabs
- It has a distinctively "American" sound derived from Charles Ives, opening with a questioning overture of bold, disjunct octaves.