- s tending to decrease or cause a decrease in value
depreciatory effects on prices
- s tending to diminish or disparage
- The depreciatory involves the exorcist entreating God "God, come down and bless this person.
- Privately, Drew Pearson can be a charming fellow, and even mildly self-depreciatory.
- Johnston had chartered a private plane, was waiting on the platform at every major stop, issuing depreciatory statements.
- Joachim Loew in Guardian Unlimited
We don't think it's very wise to make negative remarks in public about the other goalkeepers,Loew said. "It's depreciatory and disrespectful. We've picked (Manuel) Neuer because he's got a bright future and we're confident of his...