- a of or relating to a normal cyst (as the gallbladder or urinary bladder)
- a of or relating to or resembling a cyst
- Thus, cystic fibrosis won medical recognition.
- Less than 30 years ago, cystic fibrosis was not even recognized as a distinct disease.
- It's not as if they are lethal genetic defects, like the ones that cause Huntington's disease or cystic fibrosis.
News & Articles
- New lungs buy time but don't cure cystic fibrosis
The 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl who fought for a lung transplant has a difficult journey ahead. The transplant isn't a cure for her cystic fibrosis, and new lungs don't tend to last as long as other ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- New lungs not cure for cystic fibrosis; long journey for girl who took on transplant rules
WASHINGTON — The 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl who fought for a lung transplant has a difficult journey ahead. The transplant isn't a cure for her cystic fibrosis, and new lungs don't tend to last as long as other transplanted organs.
June 14, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- These Mutated Cystic Fibrosis Cells Are Worth Billions to Vertex Pharma
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (TheStreet) -- This is my favorite data slide from Vertex Pharmaceuticals' presentation at the European Cystic Fibrosis Society meeting. The slide is important because it helps explain how Vertex will dominate cystic fibrosis therapy and one day generate $10 billion in annual sales. See the "roadmap" I wrote about Tuesday. You don't need to be an expert in cystic fibrosis to ...
June 13, 2013 - TheStreet.com
- Dawn Primarolo in GMA news.tv
One in seven couples need help with fertility treatment, 350,000 people live with Alzheimer's, every week there are five children born and three young people die from cystic fibrosis - all issues that this bill addresses,Health Minister Dawn...
- Natalie Imbruglia in Sky News
Natalie Imbruglia, who is headlining the gig, said: "I met Jess in January 2008, at a charity event to raise money for research into cystic fibrosis. Jess had already been waiting for a double lung transplant for over two years and I was deeply...
- Ben Shephard in This is Nottingham
GMTV host Ben Shephard, a patron of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, said: "I have been involved with the Trust for four or five years now and this is one of the most important nights of the year in terms of celebrating the success of Cystic Fibrosis...