antiapartheid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a opposing the policy of apartheid in South Africa
an antiapartheid leader
- He also admitted that he ordered his men to infiltrate a ring of antiapartheid activists and provide them with booby-trapped hand grenades, which exploded as soon as the pins were .
- In 1984 he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for his antiapartheid efforts, and this year he became the first black Anglican bishop of Johannesburg, the church's most important .
- Their main targets are leading antiapartheid activists.
News & Articles
- Mandela remains in serious but stable condition
JOHANNESBURG — Nelson Mandela was in serious but stable condition in a Pretoria hospital for the third day Monday with a recurring lung infection, and a foundation led by retired archbishop Desmond Tutu described the 94-year-old antiapartheid hero as an ‘‘extraordinary gift’’ to South Africa.
June 11, 2013 - Boston Globe