- n one who agitates; a political troublemaker
- As a youthful agitator and underground journalist and later as a diplomat, jowly Xuan Thuy (pronounced Swan Twee) earned the trust of Viet Nam's Communist chieftains.
- One delegate to the assembly was Labor Leader Todd Sloan, 62, onetime London dock hand, to Oxford Groupers a "radical agitator" now reformed.
- His generation knew him as a radical political agitator; ours shrugs off a holy man with romantic notions of a pure, pre-industrial life.
News & Articles
- Hawks' Bolland at home on 3rd line
After bouncing between lines, Hawks center comfortable in defensive role with some offense Dave Bolland at his best: He's an agitator who always has a little something extra for an opponent when they least expect it and a talented center who can make the big play.
June 15, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Brad Marchand, Andrew Shaw perfect art of agitation in Stanley Cup Final
After Andrew Shaw’s deflection lifted the Chicago Blackhawks to a 4-3 triple-overtime victory in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final, it appeared the Bruins were prepared to push back by rolling out their own feisty agitator, Brad Marchand.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Julien: Bruins don’t gameplan for ‘Mr. Shaw’
We know he's an agitator, we know he's good at embellishing, too.
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProHockeyTalk
- John McCain in FOXNews
McCain said King "was called an agitator, a troublemaker, a malcontent, and a disturber of the peace. These are often the terms applied to men and women of conscience who will not endure cruelty, nor abide injustice. We hear them to this day _ in...
- Jerry Yang in CNNMoney.com
Carl Icahn bought his stock two months ago for an estimated average cost of less than $25 per share,Bostock and Yang said. "He is well-known as a corporate agitator with a short-term approach to his investments."
- Pat Martin in Canada.com
They made a historical mistake, and I say it was more than a mistake, it was a deliberate action to get rid of a nuisance agitator in Western Canada,said Martin.