ageism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n discrimination against middle-aged and elderly people
- Maybe the problem is ageism? Yes, there's ageism in modeling and acting.
- Issues they tackle include hunger and homelessness, ageism, HIVAIDS, drug and alcohol abuse, racism and personal conflict.
- Older voters complain that the proposed tax reprieve smacks of ageism, while many younger residents who would benefit say it would be nice but ineffective.
- Meryl Streep in Hindu
Speaking out against the ageism, Streep said, "Yes, of course there is ageism in the film industry. There's discrimination in every profession. Look around the room. There are a lot of young women here who are journalists, but do you see any women...
- Myleene Klass in Ireland Online
Myleene said: "My mum comes from the Philippines and in her culture, the older you get the wiser you are. The whole idea of ageism in the UK confuses me. Women are put on the shelf."
- Kathy Griffin in Times and Transcript
Griffin added: "I really thought ageism is so prevalent in Hollywood, especially in standup, it's such a male dominated zone...... I thought, 'Dammit, I got to do everything I can to look my best.'"