- n tropical American plants with basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes; some cultivated for ornament or for fiber
- Fine vintages of the agave-based liquor win fans around the world.
- Agave's price has leaped from about $40 a ton a year ago to a high of $560 a ton last December.
- The scarcity of Weber blue agave in Jalisco has meant that some distilleries have quietly augmented their supply with cheaper agave from the southern state of Oaxaca--outside the .
News & Articles
- A grand view
BARSTOW• An agave plant that is more than 18 years old and located at the corner of Grandview Drive and 2nd Street recently sprouted from a height of 4-feet to a 25-foot stalk. Neighbor John Lee said the plant grew suddenly in one month’s time...
June 12, 2013 - Desert Dispatch
- el Jimador Announces 'All-Star Team' Jimi Cup Roster
LOUISVILLE, Ky., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- el Jimador , 100 percent blue agave tequila, today announced the U.S. and Mexican national teams' soccer legends, and 10 contest winners who will participate ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Father’s Day brunch at Agave
Agave Southwestern Grill and Tequila Bar will celebrate Father’s Day with an all-inclusive buffet brunch Sunday, June 16 from 10:30 a.m. until 2 p.m.
June 10, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Antonio in HispanicBusiness.com
Tequila Cazadores is produced in the Los Altos mountain region of Jalisco, a high altitude area known for its steep red lands and where agave plants thrive on the quality of the rich soil,said Antonio Pujala, senior marketing manager for the...
- Sammy Hagar in Vancouver Sun
Just start with a good, ripe agave and cook it properly. Don't hurry it -- don't cut corners,Hagar says.