- n a glow sometimes seen in the sky after sunset
- n the pleasure of remembering some pleasant event
he basked in the afterglow of his victory
- Their best pas de deux tell full romantic tales: challenge, hesitation, soaring consummation, wistful afterglow.
- Whether or not Barack Obama goes on to win the nomination and let's not forget in the afterglow that this is truly an open question his field army will endure and, because .
- In fact, when the People Power afterglow fades and the political Cinderella gets down to work, she may feel like a sweeper following .
News & Articles
- Mike Trueblood: Chicago fan, but not into Blackhawks
I almost wish I knew enough about hockey it to like it and follow it. Then as a fan of Chicago pro sports teams, I’d be basking in that joy that erupted Tuesday night when the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. The afterglow that persisted into Tuesday will no doubt linger most of this week. But even though I’m a die-hard Bears fans, like the Bulls a lot, am currently tolerating the rebuilding Cubs ...
June 26, 2013 - The Galesburg Register-Mail
- Blackhawks Aren't Vegas Favorites to Repeat in 2014
In the afterglow of a Stanley Cup championship, the Chicago Blackhawks are surprisingly not the favorites to hoist the trophy again next season in Vegas. Photo Credit: Getty Images
June 25, 2013 - NBC Chicago
- Dwyane Wade Admits He Had Knee Drained Before Game 7 of NBA Finals
Basking in the afterglow of a second straight NBA title, Dwyane Wade has finally come clean about the knee problems that turned him into a shell of himself for much of the Miami Heat 's championship run. And it turns out he was seriously hurting. According to the Associated Press (via ESPN ), Wade had his left knee drained before Game 7 and required eight hours of therapy in order to play in the ...
June 23, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Duncan Sheik in LiveDaily.com
I guess in the afterglow of the success of 'Spring Awakening,' I had this sense of confidence that maybe something that I'm writing could actually make it,said Sheik, 39, with a laugh during a phone interview with LiveDaily from Oregon.
- Lawrence Krauss in Sydney Morning Herald
We measure the energy in the universe by measuring cosmic microwave radiation - which Krauss calls the "afterglow of the Big Bang".
- Evan Bayh in Indianapolis Star
I wasn't sure we'd see this again in my lifetime,Bayh said. "I've seen three different polls, and (Obama) is ahead by one, two and five (percentage points). Initially, I wondered if this was the afterglow of the primary. But it's been long...