- n a state of great suffering and distress due to adversity
- n a condition of suffering or distress due to ill health
- n a cause of great suffering and distress
- Salome is explaining a traditional cure for pterygium, an eye affliction common to the tropics in which vision gradually becomes obscured as a layer of tissue encroaches over the .
- One patient who went home for a visit even found that his affliction had its advantages.
- But everyone who has experienced tinnitus agrees that, in the most serious cases, it can be a maddening and psychologically devastating affliction.
News & Articles
- Poignant Poems "Dad" and "Daddy" Highlight Posthumous Poetry Book by MS Victim Robyn Taradash
I Sing in Silencebook of poetry written by a young Multipls Sclerosis sufferer touches the heart and soul. Through these poems Robyn Taradash was able to overcome her affliction and reach out to the universe. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10821414.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Teaching Kids To Live With Asthma
Summer camp is supposed to be fun and educational, but one area camp is teaching kids how to cope with an affliction that hinders them.
June 12, 2013 - WOWT Omaha
- Letter: A Hideous Auditory Affliction
The Jack Vernon Walk to Silence Tinnitus took place yesterday in Portland, Ore. Vernon was the cofounder of the American Tinnitus Association, which is based in Portland, and the leader of research to find a cure for this hideous affliction, which is suffered by an estimated 50 million Americans.
June 10, 2013 - Valley News
- Richard Dreyfuss in FOXNews
As the filming was on hold because of the weather, Scheider "called me up and said, 'You don't know where I am if they call.' He'd gone to get a tan. He was really very tan-addicted. That was due to a childhood affliction where he was in bed for a...
- Andrew Cuomo in Wall Street Journal
The chronic dysfunction of Albany metathesized into the corruption of Albany, and it was a bipartisan affliction,Mr. Cuomo said. "We stand today next to one of the historic monuments of government corruption, unfortunately Albany's antics...
- Sir Bobby Robson in guardian.co.uk
Sir Bobby said: "I had a scan to assess why I felt unwell and had to leave the game at Ipswich early, and the doctors discovered a small, operable tumour that caused an affliction on the left side of my face. On Wednesday I will have an operation to...