- n the process of exposing to air (so as to purify)
the aeration of the soil
- n the act of charging a liquid with a gas making it effervescent
- Pocket gophers, once regarded as pests because they eat young conifers, may prove to be man's allies: their labyrinthine burrowing improves soil aeration and helps water flow .
- Exposing wine to oxygen for a few hours before pouring can improve its taste (thanks to a chemical reaction known as aeration), so each of the $480 decanters has been shaped to .
- Foam from sewerage syndets sometimes piles up five feet high on rivers, and volcanoes of it belch and billow over the aeration tanks of sewage-disposal plants, to be windborne .
News & Articles
- Carmichaels Municipal Authority moves forward on project
CARMICHAELS – Carmichaels Municipal Authority is proceeding with plans to install aeration systems on the authority’s water storage tanks to help prevent the formation of the chlorination byproduct trihalomethane.
June 12, 2013 - Observer-Reporter
- Juan Vargas in San Diego Union Tribune
I was in favor of the project before because I didn't want the aeration ponds to be built on the American side of the border,Vargas said. "But this project has taken a very ugly turn. This has not been a transparent open process. . . . I...