- n the period of time in your life after your physical growth has stopped and you are fully developed
- n the state (and responsibilities) of a person who has attained maturity
- Whereas in the past people moved from childhood to adolescence and from adolescence to adulthood, today there is a new, intermediate phase along the way, PTIs Lev Grossman .
- Two new studies suggest that being overweight as a kid can lead to heart disease and greater risk of disease-related death in adulthood.
- In the past, people moved from childhood to adolescence and from adolescence to adulthood, but today there is a new, intermediate phase along the way.
News & Articles
- Class of 2013 graduates 63
LAUGHLIN — Life consists of many phases, one of which is the passage from adolescence to adulthood. Family, friends and faculty witnessed such a transition on June 6, at the graduation ceremony for the Laughlin High School Class of 2013.
June 12, 2013 - The Laughlin Times
- Will Today's Teens Depend on Parents Forever?
Any parents anticipating greater cash flow for themselves after their children reach their 20s might be in for a surprise: Those children might still be looking for financial support long after they've passed the legal age of adulthood. According to a new survey from Junior Achievement USA and the Allstate Foundation, one in four teens say they will be in their mid-20s before they will be able ...
June 11, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Weapons testing data determines brain makes new neurons into adulthood
( DOE/Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory ) Using data derived from nuclear weapons testing of the 1950s and '60s, Lawrence Livermore scientists have found that a small portion of the human brain involved in memory makes new neurons well into adulthood.
June 10, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Michael Marmot in guardian.co.uk
We are recommending that people aim to be as lean as possible within the healthy range, and that they avoid weight gain throughout adulthood,Sir Michael Marmot, who chaired the expert panel, said. "This might sound difficult, but this is...
- Anthony Kennedy in Times Online
The age of 18 is the point where society draws the line for many purposes between childhood and adulthood. It is, we conclude, the age at which the line for death eligibility ought to rest,Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote.