- n the department in charge of the navy (as in Great Britain)
- n the office of admiral
- According to Margulies, admiralty law would apply if the vessel transported passengers between a port in the United States and a foreign country.
- The English fleet landed, named it Graham--for Sir James Graham, the first lord of the admiralty--and planted a flag.
News & Articles
- Canadian Armed Forces Assists in Rescue of Hunters and Tourists Stranded in Arctic
OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 27, 2013) - Working in close coordination with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Emergency Measures Organization Iqaluit, and other partners, the Canadian Armed Forces helped rescue 11 hunters and 20 tourists stranded on an ice floe in Admiralty Inlet, near Arctic Bay on Baffin Island.
June 27, 2013 - Marketwire
- Gull Gone
From start to finish, it took about 15 minutes for workers from Admiralty Crane of Sequim to gently lower the former Gull station sign from the intersection of Sequim Avenue and Washington Street at 8 a.m. Monday, June 24. Admiralty Crane owner Charlie Roberts estimated the sign was 30-35 feet tall and weighed about 3,000 pounds.
June 26, 2013 - Sequim Gazette
- Florida, Alabama Mediator Rodney Max to Speak at SEALI Conference June 29
The Southeast Admiralty Law Institute will host mediator Rodney A. Max of Upchurch Watson White & Max, an Alabama and Florida mediation group, as a speaker for its annual conference, set for Friday and Saturday, June 28 and 29, 2013, in Savannah, Ga. (PRWeb June 23, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10860008.htm
June 23, 2013 - PRWeb
- Geoff Hoon in Telegraph.co.uk
In a statement yesterday, Mr Hoon said: "Accommodation at Admiralty House was provided rent free but there were significant costs that I had to meet in order to live there. These were comparable to the costs I would have incurred if I had continued...
- Pope Benedict XVI in The Age
I was honoured by the official welcoming ceremony at Government House and most appreciative of the personal welcome which you extended to me at your (Sydney) residence, Admiralty House,Pope Benedict said.
- Derek Wyatt in BBC News
Derek Wyatt, Labour MP for Sittingbourne and Sheppey, told the BBC: "I don't think it's tenable that he should maintain Dorneywood or the Admiralty flat or the chairmanship of the committees."