- n a solemn and earnest appeal to someone to do something
- New York's volcanic little Mayor Fiorello Henry LaGuardia is paternally proud of his neat fleet of silver streamlined, street-cleaning trucks, which bear the adjuration: Our City .
- You say that most smokers "can generally be persuaded to douse the weed with a mild adjuration.
- Says Gogarty, the adjuration worked.
News & Articles
- Mike Hall: Remembering the quotable Dr. Karl
The adjuration to be "normal" seems shockingly repellent to me . . For surely anyone who achieves anything is, essentially, abnormal. That's a quote from "The Human Mind," written in 1930 by Dr. Karl Menninger.
June 18, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal