adenosine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (biochemistry) a nucleoside that is a structural component of nucleic acids; it is present in all living cells in a combined form as a constituent of DNA and RNA and ADP and ATP and AMP
- Blocking adenosine staves off sleepiness.
- Until then, scientists knew that such energy-producing processes as photosynthesis and cell respiration depended on a substance dubbed ATP (for adenosine triphosphate), which .
- That should evenly block the uptake of adenosine, a neurotransmitter-like chemical that helps trigger sleep.
- Rocco Baldelli in St. Petersburg Times
The consensus - though not absolute - diagnosis, Baldelli said, is that he has "some type of metabolic and/or mitochondrial abnormalities," the result of his body "not making or producing or storing the chemical adenosine triphosphate, an...