- n a mechanism that puts something into automatic action
- First they will slip into undergarments lined with sensors and miniature actuators.
- The actuators are normally deployed to slow a plane down only after landing.
- Four hydraulic "actuators" rattle and shake your La-Z-Boy like an amusement-park ride in perfect synch with such action-adventure movies as Twister and Jurassic Park.
News & Articles
- Z-Axis Elevator Stage works with standard/inverted microscopes.
Made for adapting onto top of standard XY microscopy stages, piezoelectric actuator-based PZ 300 AP series features flat design and unique stage design that offers dynamic parameters and settling time under a load of a few milliseconds. Monolithic stage design is free of any mechanical play and offers travel range of up to 300 microns with step resolution of ±2.5 nm. Dual parallel working piezo ...
June 17, 2013 - ThomasNet
- ITT to Showcase High-Torque, Precision-Controlled Utility Actuator During 2013 Paris Air Show
In conjunction with its participation in the 2013 Paris Air Show, ITT Corporation will showcase a high-torque, precision-controlled actuator technology that allows modulation in an aircraft’s RAM air door during flight.
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Helac Corporation Hires International Sales Manager
Enumclaw, WA – Helac Corporation, a leading manufacturer of hydraulic rotary actuators and construction equipment attachments, is pleased to announce the hire of Tim O’Brien as the International Sales Manager for the Actuators Division. O’Brien will be responsible for growing actuator sales internationally. Tim brings over 22 years of professional experience, with 4 years at ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Elon Musk in msnbc.com
â€¢ Musk said his engineering team was looking into why the Falcon 9's upper stage went into a roll and has narrowed the problem down to "probably the actuator."