acting out :
- n a (usually irritating) impulsive and uncontrollable outburst by a problem child or a neurotic adult
- n (psychiatry) the display of previously inhibited emotions (often in actions rather than words); considered to be healthy and therapeutic
News & Articles
- Shakespeare on the Sound pits The Bard vs. bullying
Acting out scenes from some of the Bard’s well-known plays, professional actors from Shakespeare on the Sound recently taught students in Norwalk, Stamford and Hartford different ways to combat bullying.
June 12, 2013 - Huntington Herald
- Severely Damaged By Hurricane Sandy, A Community Is Healed By Children
Imagine 7 and 8 year old children dressed in 19th century clothing, and acting out the parts of shopkeepers and merchants and fishermen at the South Street Seaport of the time. Imagine that they have written the parts they play themselves, and that these words represent actual expressions and emotions that people back then were saying and feeling. Now imagine that all this is taking place in the ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Police arrest man accused of acting out foot-fetish on girl
Police arrest a southern Indiana man accused of acting out a fetish with a young child.
June 10, 2013 - WLKY Louisville