- n a white crystalline amide of propenoic acid can damage the nervous system and is carcinogenic in laboratory animals
they claimed that acrylamide is produced when certain carbohydrates are baked or fried at high temperatures
- There is no compelling evidence that acrylamide, when consumed in food, poses a cancer risk.
- There is no evidence that acrylamide, when consumed in food, poses a cancer risk.
News & Articles
- Danish survey evaluates the content of chemical contaminants in food
( Technical University of Denmark ) In general, Danes have no reason to worry about unwanted chemical compounds in the food they put on their table -- especially if they eat a varied diet. However, a monitoring survey puts focus on certain compounds -- e.g. inorganic arsenic and acrylamide, the intake of which should be reduced due to health risk. These findings are presented in the latest ...
July 17, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Beck in CTV.ca
Studies have definitely shown that using this enzyme in the manufacture of foods reduces the level of acrylamide,nutrition expert Leslie Beck told CTV News. "Whether, at the end of the day, that reduces our potential, theoretical cancer...
- Lester Crawford in San Diego Union Tribune
More information is needed on the risks to humans from acrylamide in foods and on whether and how acrylamide levels in food can be safely reduced,then-FDA Deputy Commissioner Lester Crawford wrote last year in a letter to Joan Denton, the...