- n orthodoxy of a scholastic variety
- We can't do things with the academicism of economists.
- Says Arnault: "He demonstrated a dual talent--pure creativity with the technical academicism of couture.
- He mixed the academicism of his teacher, William Merritt Chase, with the cubist masters, made a living as a photographer until his immaculate industrial visions caught on.
- Philippe de Montebello in Bloomberg
Objects thus acquired are subject to the constraints of committees, to financial restrictions, and to the relative academicism of many of their curatorial guardians,de Montebello wrote. "In the assembling of private collections every whim...