absentee : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one that is absent or not in residence
- In San Diego last week, officials ran out of absentee ballots and had to send out photocopies.
- As I mailed off my absentee ballot request form in early September.
- The Franken campaign has made the rejected absentee ballots a major element in its strategy for victory.
- Mark Begich in International Herald Tribune
After watching the votes today, I remain cautiously optimistic,Begich, a two-term Anchorage mayor, said in a news release. "We ran an aggressive campaign, especially when it came to early voting and absentee."
- Al Franken in MLive.com
In fact,the Franken team argued, "both state law and key decisions from other states require that improperly rejected absentee ballots be included in the recount in this election."
- Art Torres in San Jose Mercury News
They know how to mail and organize and get voters to send in absentee ballots,said Torres, who believes that SEIU's organizational advantage could put Edwards on equal footing with Clinton or Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.