- n act of pivoting 180 degrees, especially in a military formation
- n a major change in attitude or principle or point of view
an about-face on foreign policy
- v turn, usually 180 degrees
- v change one's mind and assume the opposite viewpoint
- Japan was undergoing a great about-face.
- Why the sudden about-face? Roche probably had no choice.
- The Federal Government has executed a crisp about-face on birth control.
News & Articles
- Harris: More majors for Tiger? We’ll see
By Tribune-Review Just like that, Tiger Woods has performed a startling about-face after his flameout at this year’s U.S. Open and his failure to win a major ...
June 18, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- N. Korea wants to talk with U.S., but there are strings attached
After months of threatening to wage a nuclear war, North Korea did an about-face Sunday and issued a surprise proposal to the U.S., its No. 1 enemy: Let's talk.
June 18, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- North Korea changes tack and tells US: Let's talk
After months of threatening to wage a nuclear war, North Korea did an about-face Sunday and issued a surprise proposal to the United States, its No. 1 enemy: Let's talk. But the invitation from North Korea's ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Shane Bond in Sydney Morning Herald
I was disappointed. I had to get a release from the [NZ] board to join the ICL, then they did an about-face,Bond said. "That is what is most grating - I never even got an apology. After I had signed, I was told I had to tear up the...
- Anucha Browne Sanders in SI.com
Vladeck accused Thomas, the team's president and coach, of initially abusing Browne Sanders by referring to her as a "ho" before he made "an about-face and repeatedly professed his love for her."