terrorism terrorism /ˈtɛ rə ˌrɪ zəm/
- (n) the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear
- You could call George Habash, a Palestinian leader who died in Amman on Saturday at the age of 82, the godfather of Middle East terrorism.
- Acts of terrorism may be isolated, but sometimes they add up to an epidemic of violence.
- He owns terrorism, they say.
- If you live out at Fort Gordon, you can expect a lot of delays at the gates this week. They're having anti-terrorism drills all week long.on June 13, 2013 Source: News 12 Augusta
- Sumeera Riaz, written for UPI.com The new PTI-led government in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province faces a challenge in carrying out PTI's promise to end terrorism and restore law and order.on June 12, 2013 Source: UPI
- LONDON -- Several of the world's long-established terrorism insurance schemes were set up to deal with a different terrorism threat than is predominant today, according to a new technical guide produced ...on June 12, 2013 Source: GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
Wiki Images for terrorism
- "They further reflect the effectiveness of mutual investigations and cooperation with our global partners in disrupting terrorism threats," he said.on Jul 7, 2010 By: David S. Kris Source: The Hindu
- In a statement issued on Wednesday, Mr Brown said: "We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al-Qaeda cell in Mali. I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism. My thoughts are...on Jun 2, 2009 By: Gordon Brown Source: BBC News
- "The threat of terrorism faced by the United States and the European Union continues and, with this agreement, all of our citizens will be safer," Obama said in a statement.on Jul 8, 2010 By: Barack Obama Source: USA Today