temp temp /ˈtɛmp/
- (n) a worker (especially in an office) hired on a temporary basis
- It was inevitable that temp work would go international, especially in the telecommunications field, where cell-phone standards vary wildly--and seem to change overnight.
- In the middle of all this, he was laid off from his job, and finding a new one while doing temp work was his most pressing concern.
- Sameera Ubaid had a temp job last summer, supervising examinations at an engineering college.
- MOUNT VERNON, Wash. -- The Washington Transportation Department says a temporary span on the Interstate 5 Skagit River bridge should open this week, less than a month since a section of the bridge collapsed. Spokesman Travis Phelps says the framework is in place and workers are tightening bolts and welding sections on the temporary structure that's 24 feet wide and 160 feet long. More: Cleanup ...on June 17, 2013 Source: KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- CORUNNA — Animals and classic cars filled the parking lot near Hi-Temp Heating and Cooling Sunday as part of the company’s annual petting zoo event.on June 17, 2013 Source: The Argus-Press
- NEW BEDFORD — A local temporary employment agency has been fined $1,000 for supplying unqualified workers to a solar power project in Canton, a state board announced.on June 15, 2013 Source: The Standard-Times
- "When we started writing 'Avenue Q,' Jeff (Marx) was an intern and I was a temp," said Lopez. "Our lives kinda sucked so we came up with an idea for a show about people like us whose lives all kinda suck."on Jun 6, 2004 By: Robert Lopez Source: San Diego Union Tribune
- While Kunal Kapoor says, "If ur wondering why its suddenly gettin so hot on twitter, its cause Bipasha is now on twitter Phew, the temp is really rising!!"on Jul 7, 2010 By: Kunal Kapoor Source: india-server.com
- In addition to Wall Street and commercial banking job losses, "we're also taking significant losses in what we call the 'business and professional sector,' which includes lawyers, accountants, architects, and temp work agencies," said Brown.on Mar 26, 2009 By: James Brown Source: Newsday