parade ground parade ground
- (n) an area for holding parades
- Local television footage later showed bloodied bodies of uniformed trainees lying on the parade ground.
- A vicious exchange of fire across the grassy parade ground followed.
- Though the physical-performance requirements are often reduced for overweight recruits, Kumar insists the program is no mere stroll on the parade ground.
- Cannon firings on the bluff overlooking Lake Huron and antique rifle firings on the parade ground are noisy reminders that history comes to life every day at this 233-year-old fort on Mackinac Island, Mich. Every summer day, that is. The fort, like most of the island, goes quiet the rest of the year. During the May to October season, temperatures barely reach into the mid-70s, cooled by breezes ...on June 16, 2013 Source: Daily Herald