morphological morphological /ˌmɔr fə ˈlɑ dʒɪ kəl/
- (adj) relating to or concerned with the formation of admissible words in a language
- (adj) pertaining to geological structure
- (adj) relating to or concerned with the morphology of plants and animals
- But in Germany, Oswald Spengler lucubrates that Western civilization, now toppling over a wave crest, declines by morphological law.
- The author offers phonetic, lexical and morphological evidence for close links between the Basque language and Dravidian, an Indian language.
- Scientific investigation has clearly and repeatedly disclosed the variability and lack of morphological unity of the Jewish people.
- Scientists have described a remarkable 32 new Odontacolus and Cyphacolus wasp species, providing extensive morphological phylogenetic analysis of these previously understudied genera. The wasps from these groups are among the most distinctive species because of the peculiar hump-like formation on the rear part of their bodies.on July 3, 2013 Source: Science Daily
- Pensoft Publishers The white toothed shrew genus Crocidura is known as the largest mammal genus, with more than 180 species distributed around the world. A recent genetic analysis of the white toothed shrew fauna of Vietnam revealed the misinterpretations of previous morphological studies of the species, including the description of a new species of these very small mammals. The study was ...on July 2, 2013 Source: redOrbit
- "With this 4D imaging technique, atomic-scale motions, which lead to structural, morphological, and nanomechanical phenomena, can now be visualized directly, and hopefully understood," says Zewail, who is now expanding the research to biological...on Nov 20, 2008 By: Ahmed H Zewail Source: Science Daily (press release)
- "If you lay out all specimens of Australopithecus africanus on one side of a table and specimens for Homo erectus on the other side, Australopithecus sediba serves as a nice morphological intermediate between those two," Churchill, associate...on Apr 13, 2010 By: Winston Churchill Source: Discovery News