metastasize metastasize /mə ˈtæ stə ˌsaɪz/
- (v) spread throughout the body
- In Washington, scandals metastasize, growing and changing until we can't remember what they were about in the beginning.
- Unlike other cancers, basal-cell carcinomas rarely metastasize, or migrate to form tumors in other parts of the body.
- And when its leaders cannot take full responsibility, the sin can only metastasize.
- New evidence shows that MerTK macrophage action in the microenvironment that surrounds cancer cells blunts the immune response, allowing the tumor cell to grow and metastasize.on July 8, 2013 Source: Science Daily