- (adj) of or relating to monoclinous plants
- (adj) of animal or plant; having both male female reproductive organs
- One botanist stood on, a stepladder, peered down into the spathe where he descried, at the base of the spadix, rows of male, female and hermaphroditic flowers.
- Sexually mature at the age of five months, a single pregnant, hermaphroditic snail can, if it escapes to the wild, give rise to as many as 16 quadrillion descendants in five years.
- Fat, male Mother Kelly dished up steaks, drinks and hermaphroditic comedy at Mother Kelly's.