hermaphroditic hermaphroditic /hər ˌmæf rə ˈdɪ tɪk/
- (adj) of or relating to monoclinous plants
- (adj) of animal or plant; having both male female reproductive organs
- One botanist stood on, a stepladder, peered down into the spathe where he descried, at the base of the spadix, rows of male, female and hermaphroditic flowers.
- Sexually mature at the age of five months, a single pregnant, hermaphroditic snail can, if it escapes to the wild, give rise to as many as 16 quadrillion descendants in five years.
- Fat, male Mother Kelly dished up steaks, drinks and hermaphroditic comedy at Mother Kelly's.
- Cats may bite, and geese may have barbed penises, but one newly described hermaphroditic sea slug has taken violent animal sex to a new level.on November 13, 2013 Source: Discovery News
- Cats may bite, and geese may have barbed penises, but one newly described hermaphroditic sea slug has taken violent animal sex to a new level by stabbing its mates in the head. 1, is a small sea slug found off the northeast coast of Australia. A simultaneous hermaphrodite, it has both male and female reproductive organs that it uses simultaneously during sex. This stabbing behavior, known as ...on November 12, 2013 Source: LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News