going-out-of-business sale going-out-of-business sale
- (n) a sale of all the tangible assets of a business that is about to close
- The going-out-of-business sale, which began the day after Thanksgiving, was hailed in full-page newspaper ads promising 20% discounts across the board.
- June, after three years of selling harmonicas on , Bob and Barbara Lefkowitz held what may have been the first online going-out-of-business sale.
- Gutierrez bought all of her store's fixtures from a going-out-of-business sale at a local mall.
- Some pot shops comply with warnings issued after the passage of Measure D, while others hope the new administration will bring balance to the long-running question. It was a going-out-of-business sale that only a pothead could love.on July 2, 2013 Source: Los Angeles Times