fighter fighter /ˈfaɪ tər/
- (n) someone who fights (or is fighting)
- (n) a high-speed military or naval airplane designed to destroy enemy aircraft in the air
- (n) someone who fights for a cause
- The six-foot-tall mujahidin fighter who chose his own nickname is famed in Jalalabad for killing five Arab fighters who fled town a little too slowly when the Taliban fell.
- If it was not a hoax or an optical illusion, it was certainly the most puzzling secret weapon that Allied fighters have yet encountered.
- The freedom fighters' deadly debut may have pleased Chhun Yasith, but it is causing major headaches for his adopted country, the United States.
- By Amie Ferris-Rotman MUSHAF AIR BASE, Pakistan (Reuters) - With an olive green head scarf poking out from her helmet, Ayesha Farooq flashes a cheeky grin when asked if it is lonely being the only war-ready female fighter pilot in the Islamic republic of Pakistan. Farooq, from Punjab province's historic city of Bahawalpur, is one of 19 women who have become pilots in the Pakistan Air Force over ...on June 12, 2013 Source: Reuters via Yahoo! News
- The 104th Fighter Wing at Barnes Air National Guard Base in Westfield is scheduled to conduct evening training flights June 18-20, 2013.on June 12, 2013 Source: CBS 3 Springfield
- An F-35 fighter jet launched a missile in mid-flight from its internal weapons bay for the first time in a test flight for the Air Force.on June 10, 2013 Source: Los Angeles Times
- "He has shown he is mentally strong, he's a fighter and a very strong competitor. Koscielny is a great addition to our squad," manager Arsene Wenger said in a statement on the club's official website.on Jul 7, 2010 By: Arsene Wenger Source: CNN
- When Schieffer noted Obama has not had wartime experiences, Clark said: "Well, I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."on Jun 29, 2008 By: Wesley Clark Source: FOXNews
- "Only one of us is ready on Day 1 to be commander-in-chief, ready to manage our economy, and ready to defeat the Republicans," Clinton told a rally in Youngstown, Ohio. "Only one of us has spent 35 years being a doer, a fighter and a champion...on Feb 20, 2008 By: Hillary Rodham Clinton Source: Winnipeg Free Press