cache cache /ˈkæʃ/
- (n) a hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons)
- (n) a secret store of valuables or money
- (n) (computer science) RAM memory that is set aside as a specialized buffer storage that is continually updated; used to optimize data transfers between system elements with different characteristics
- (v) save up as for future use
- Exclusive: A cache of letters by Anne Frank's father, written in 1941 before the family went into hiding, have been uncovered by a Jewish research institute.
- What remained for him to do was transform this cache into an art that could measure up to his own expectations.
- Iraqi soldiers inspect a cache of weapons found during a raid in the southern Iraqi city of Basra in April.
- UPDATE (4:23 p.m.): Police say Yarbrough is aware that authorities are searching for him and he may be carrying a weapon. He may also be linked to a dark green Chevrolet Suburban with the Oregon license plate number 897FPD. COOS BAY, Ore. — A home was evacuated after police found a cache of explosives, firearms, and … Continue reading »on June 14, 2013 Source: KEZI 9 Eugene
- Virident Systems Inc., the performance leader in flash-based storage-class memory solutions, today announced it will be demonstrating its vCache flash-aware integrated block cache software, which allows ...on June 13, 2013 Source: Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- By Jack Shafer (Reuters) - Edward Snowden's expansive disclosures to the Guardian and the Washington Post about various National Security Agency (NSA) surveillance programs have only two corollaries in contemporary history; the classified cache Bradley Manning allegedly released to WikiLeaks a few years ago and Daniel Ellsberg's dissemination of the voluminous Pentagon Papers to the New York ...on June 12, 2013 Source: Reuters via Yahoo! News
- "It's our best judgment that these particular EFPs ...... in recent large cache finds do not appear to have arrived here in Iraq after those pledges were made," Rear Adm. Gregory Smith, director of the Multi-National Force-Iraq's communications...on Nov 6, 2007 By: Gregory Smith Source: Guardian Unlimited
- "They no longer are much of a force. Nobody talks much about them. It is a historical remnant of their heyday that gives them any kind of cache," said Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for Free Choice.on Jan 19, 2007 By: Frances Kissling Source: Washington Post
- "We've had this policy where you can't store and cache any data for more than 24 hours, and we're going to go ahead and we're going to get rid of that policy," Zuckerberg said.on Apr 21, 2010 By: Mark Zuckerberg Source: ZDNet Asia