- (n) someone who drives or rides in a boat
- Its sclerotic liberalism trudges along, like the Volga boatman, dreaming its own dreams.
- The cyclone raged for 12 hours, recalls boatman Myint Swe, and for three days afterwards the Pyapon River was clogged with bodies.
- A word from the Chinese boatman would do it.
- An emotional Omar said, "Can't these separatist groups understand that a boatman, a taxi driver or a bus operator needs daily bread and peace rather than these frequent strikes or shut downs."on May 31, 2009 By: Omar Abdullah Source: GreaterKashmir.com (press release)
- "It is indeed difficult to rescue these animals through the boats. If the cattle stir a little when the boat is moving, it becomes difficult for the boatman to oar," said Neeraj Kumar, owner of livestock.on Sep 18, 2008 By: Neeraj Kumar Source: Newstrack India (blog)