autism autism /ˈɔ ˌtɪ zəm/
- (n) (psychiatry) an abnormal absorption with the self; marked by communication disorders and short attention span and inability to treat others as people
- Two new papers published in the journal 'Nature' pinpoint important genetic variations that shed light on the etiology of autism spectrum disorders.
- With her crimson curls and angelic face, little Hannah Poling, a 9-year-old girl with autism, hardly looks like a pioneer.
- A wealth of new brain research--and poignant testimony from people who have autism--is lifting the veil on this mysterious condition.
- "Autism" is a vast diagnostic umbrella under which a variety of disorders are shoved, primarily because we don't know how...on June 12, 2013 Source: Deseret News
- Do you know anyone with autism? If you would like to understand this disorder better, you are invite ...on June 11, 2013 Source: Hutchinson News
- The Autism Society of Greater Akron will host its third annual 5K and walk Saturday at Lock 3, 220 S. Main St.on June 11, 2013 Source: The Canton Repository
Wiki Images for autism
- "In 99% of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is," Savage said last week in remarks that lit up the internet over the weekend. "They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a...on Jul 21, 2008 By: Michael Savage Source: New York Daily News
- "I think it is a mistake to conclude that, because these few test cases were denied compensation, it's been decided vaccines don't play any role in regressive autism," said Barbara Loe Fisher, the center's president.on Feb 12, 2009 By: Barbara Loe Fisher Source: FOXNews
- "To teach autistic children something they find difficult, we needed an autism-friendly format," Baron-Cohen said.on Jan 15, 2009 By: Simon Baron-Cohen Source: San Jose Mercury News