- (adv) in a manner intended to avoid attracting attention
- Armored police Land Rovers were parked inconspicuously on side streets, but they were there to protect the marchers from Protestants rather than keep a watch on them.
- The Westerner who can inconspicuously swim along with these schools of nightly revelers will almost certainly see much that is barred to casual or sober tourists.
- She'll also inconspicuously sit in on important negotiations and analyze the various energies at work.
- The Cincinnati Athletic Club, inconspicuously nestled in an alleyway off Race Street behind the... - 12:22 amon June 24, 2013 Source: The Cincinnati Enquirer
- What would you think if a friend or co-worker pulled you aside and quietly said, “Have you looked in the mirror today?” Thoughts of embarrassed panic would probably race through your mind, and you’d try to inconspicuously rush to the nearest mirror to find out what was amiss. No one would imagine that a person looked in a mirror to see messy hair, a dirty face, smudged make-up, stained clothing ...on June 22, 2013 Source: Hibbing Daily Tribune
- The College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering at SUNY Albany is a sprawling 800,000-square-foot megaplex of steel and glass. And GlobalFoundries, tucked inconspicuously in the woods of Luther Forest Technology Campus in Saratoga County, will take your breath away as it seems to rise before you. Inside, about 2,000 people work in the 300,000-square-foot cleanroom and 385,000 square feet of ...on June 22, 2013 Source: The Saratogian
- "Under these seemingly naive codenames (of Zephyr and Elza) they served their Russia for more than 50 years, loyally and inconspicuously, and sometimes at the risk of their own lives," said Ivanov. "May their memory glow and their descendants...on Sep 21, 2009 By: Sergei Ivanov Source: AFP
- "Inconspicuously posted refund policies left consumers in the dark when making purchases," Paterson said. "These reforms remedy consumer complaints regarding refunds and will help ensure consumers have the opportunity to make more informed...on Dec 14, 2009 By: David Paterson Source: Rome Sentinel
- "It is difficult to ban it by bureaucratic means, but it can be cancelled. Such a provocation cannot be held. It starts inconspicuously, and one never knows how it can continue," Havel said.on Oct 25, 2007 By: Vaclav Havel Source: Czech Happenings