immediately immediately /ɪ ˈmi di ət li/
- (adv) without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening
- (adv) near or close by
- (adv) bearing an immediate relation
- For those who can't get insurance because of pre-existing conditions, a catastrophic-care fund would immediately be set up to provide coverage.
- So Phillips again beat the drums for a strike, demanding that Alomar serve his suspension immediately instead of at the start of next season.
- Seichas in Russian means immediately.
- SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) — The Bulgarian parliament's quick appointment of a legislator and media mogul to head the country's security service sparked massive protests Friday and prompted the president to demand the decision be immediately reversed.on June 14, 2013 Source: Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Immediately after Susan Rice was named U.S. national security advisor and Samantha Power was tapped as America's next ambassador to the United Nations, Washington had a simple question: Could the Obama administration's two newest liberal hawks mold U.S. foreign policy?on June 14, 2013 Source: Foreign Relations
- LAS CRUCES - Effective immediately and until further notice, a ban on open burning within the town of Mesilla is in place.on June 14, 2013 Source: Las Cruces Sun-News
- "I would order the secretary of Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes," McCain said tonight during their second debate, a town hall-style forum at Belmont University...on Oct 7, 2008 By: John McCain Source: Bloomberg
- President Bachelet said: "People should remain calm. We're doing everything we can with all the forces we have. Any information [we have] we will share immediately."on Feb 27, 2010 By: Michelle Bachelet Source: The Guardian
- "We've gone through a very tough year and I've been working Congress very hard, so I know there may not be an appetite immediately to dive into another controversial issue," he said of immigration reform.on Jul 1, 2010 By: Barack Obama Source: TIME (blog)