fat metabolism fat metabolism
- (n) a metabolic process that breaks down ingested fats into fatty acids and glycerol and then into simpler compounds that can be used by cells of the body
- Booze in the bloodstream can slow down fat metabolism more than 30% -- though it speeds up the burning of carbohydrates.
- In the advanced stages, the blood is heavily laden with sugar, pus germs flourish, fat metabolism goes awry, and a victim's body is flooded with poisonous waste products.
- Their theory is that fat metabolism becomes important only in the later stages of the disease, and that the original trouble probably lies in how the body uses protein.
- ( Rush University Medical Center ) Although there are several risk factors of dementia, abnormal fat metabolism has been known to pose a risk for memory and learning. People with high amounts of abdominal fat in their middle age are 3.6 times as likely to develop memory loss and dementia later in their life.on October 9, 2013 Source: EurekAlert!