essential oil essential oil
- (n) an oil having the odor or flavor of the plant from which it comes; used in perfume and flavorings
- It takes about two years to get essential oil from the tuberose, three years for jasmine, at least four for cassie or ylang-ylang.
- Over the past five years, essential oil exports have dropped by two-thirds.
- The pleasant fields of Bulgaria blush with roses from which perfume manufacturers extract essential oil, Bulgaria's best known product.
- Lemons are the golden fruit of summer. Those gilded globules of mellow yellow are filled with flavor and more Vitamin C than any other citrus fruit. The outer yellow zest of the skin contains essential oil, concentrating its lemony flavor and adding the element of scent.on June 12, 2013 Source: Naples Daily News