- n Hindu discipline aimed at training the consciousness for a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility that is achieved through the three paths of actions and knowledge and devotion
- n a system of exercises practiced as part of the Hindu discipline to promote control of the body and mind
- Zenshui Sigrid Olsson Getty Bad-mouthing yoga seems like begging for a hit of unfavorable karma.
- Christian yoga is gaining a devout following--upsetting purists, Hindus and some Christians.
- Yoga may have origins outside our culture, but its benefits are now felt within it.
News & Articles
- YOGA TIME
Yoga enthusiasts gathered in Meridian's Dumont Plaza Friday morning to participate in "Seize the Solitice," Yoga in the Park to ring in the first day of summer and longest day of the year.
June 22, 2013 - The Meridian Star
- CorePower Yoga Opens 6th Studio in Los Angeles (81st Nationwide)
Denver-based yoga company CorePower Yoga, a brand with a commitment to making yoga accessible to all, opened in Studio City on Friday, June 21st. This marks the 81st studio opening nationwide for CorePower ...
June 21, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Benefit yoga-thon, dance party Saturday
Yoga For All, the nonprofit cooperative that brings yoga to under-served populations, has planned a fundraising yoga-thon and evening dance party on Saturday, June 22, at the Yoga for Everybody Annex on Donnelly Walk, 63 Unquowa Road.
June 21, 2013 - The Fairfield Citizen
- Dave Hunt in Forbes
It's pretty simple: Yoga is a religious practice in Hinduism. It's the way to reach enlightenment. To bring it to the west and bill it as a scientific practice for fitness is dishonest,said Hunt, 80.
- Sarah Ferguson in Forbes
They see that I go running, I get on my bicycle, I do yoga, pilates, whatever else I do,Ferguson told George Stephanopolous in an appearance Sunday on ABC's "This Week." "Do you know what they do? Get up off the sofa, turn the television...
- Suzy Shuster in Forbes
Boy, do you look amazing in a bikini ...... congrats! Whatever you're doing, (Pilates? yoga?) keep doing it - it's working for you,Shuster wrote, according to the Post. "Anyway, sorry but those seven e-mails you sent to my husband, Rich,...