- n the act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events
- n a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- v tell or spin a yarn
- Patrick spins highly abrasion-resistant yarn for military applications, moisture-absorption and -retention yarn for fiber-optic cables and antimicrobial yarn for water filtration.
- Synthetic yarns have a variety of commercial uses, including in water filtration, as carpet backing and for automotive fan belts.
- As the fall selling season opened this week, the biggest news among retailers is s-t-r-e-t-c-h yarn, a yarn about as elastic as rubber.
News & Articles
- Yarn Bombing on Main Street
Westport’s Main Street has a new look. It’s known as yarn bombing, a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted yarn or fibre rather than paint or chalk.
June 12, 2013 - WestportNow
- LEARN TO DYE YOUR OWN YARN USING KOOL-AID!
LEOMINSTER - Beautifully-colored yarn doesn’t just come from the craft store. Learn to dye yarn from 3 until 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 31, at the Leominster Public Library, 30 West St. Start with white yarn and dye it lots of bright colors using some ice cubes, the sun, and…. yes ~ Kool Aid! read more
June 12, 2013 - Leominster Champion
- Application Development on Apache YARN Simplifies with Release of Weave
Developers love the latest and greatest development tooling. And next up it’s Kafka, a real-time framework for managing data streams or YARN (or Yet Another Resource Manager) aka MapReduce 2.0, the next generation processing framework for Apache Hadoop. Continuuity, the … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - SiliconANGLE
- Richie McCaw in SkySports
You are alongside people you wouldn't normally have a chance to play with,said McCaw. "Normally we don't see each other after games, we have to just move on, so being able to sit and have a beer and a yarn without worrying about the...
- Ryan Hoffman in The Canberra Times
Asked about the Warriors' complaints, Hoffman said: "I could see a lot of hands in the air - and Steve Price has got a great relationship with the refs, he was always having a yarn to them."
- Rosie Boycott in Telegraph.co.uk
Rosie Boycott, chair of the judges, said: "The Suspicions of Mr Whicher is a dramatic, page-turning detective yarn of a real-life murder that inspired the birth of modern detective fiction. Kate Summerscale has brilliantly merged scrupulous archival...