- n a skullcap worn by religious Jews (especially at prayer)
- Following Jewish tradition, Obama donned a yarmulke and went to the Western Wall, Judaism's holiest site, where shortly before dawn on Thursday he stuffed his prayer into a crevice .
- He was wearing a reserve captain's olive-green army uniform and a yarmulke and carrying a military-issue Galil assault rifle.
- Though his father worked for the New York City Board of Education, the young Goldstein, with his side curls and yarmulke, attended school at a yeshiva.
- Ravi Kahlon in Canada.com
This is no different than wearing a cross on your chest or a Jewish yarmulke during the opening ceremonies, which nobody would have any problem with,said Kahlon, an RBC mortgage specialist, and outstanding forward appearing in his second...
- Jacques Chirac in Bloomberg
The Muslim veil -- whatever name we give it -- the yarmulke and a crucifix of manifestly excessive dimensions have no place in the sphere of state schools,Chirac said in a speech televised on French news channel LCI. "State schools have to...
- Jason Bedrick in Concord Monitor
The Jewish faith has outward signs of being Jewish to improve your behavior,Bedrick said. "If I walk in with a beard and yarmulke, I represent something. . . . I need to constantly study to know what I'm talking about, to avoid foul...