- n a measure or standard used for comparison
on what kind of yardstick is he basing his judgment?
- n a ruler or tape that is three feet long
- The yardstick on YouTube is authenticity.
- The FPC yardstick, said Justice Jackson, is a "fantastic" one which has had "delirious results.
- Rabbit, Run: If the power to shock may be taken as a yardstick of fiction, John Updike, 28, has written one of the year's most important novels.
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Nine straight months of job loss,Obama said. "Yet, just the other week, John McCain said the fundamentals of the economy are strong. Well, I don't know what yardstick Sen. McCain uses, but where I come from, there's nothing more...
- Norbert Haug in ITV.com
Barcelona, as the first grand prix of the European season and with its challenging track layout, is definitely a yardstick for the following races,Haug said. "Even with the same fuel load we wouldn't have been fast enough to beat Ferrari...
- Warren Gatland in International Herald Tribune
The All Blacks are the team to beat in the world game, they are the yardstick by which every nation measures themselves and we are no different, but we are relishing the opportunity presented to us,Gatland told the Welsh Rugby Union website...